Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmastime is here...in November.

Out of nowhere, it feels like winter in New York City. Nevermind that it was 66 degrees over the weekend, we had snow flurries this morning and I had to break out the gloves and fully-lined work pants. But I digress.In New York City, it's fall, then you blink and it's full-blown holiday season. The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree arrived last week (although it's not lit up yet). All the stores have their holiday windows up. As I was leaving for work this morning the maintenance guys were putting up the Christmas trees in our lobby. Yes, it's still mid-November and Thanksgiving is next week. But even though it's cold and crowded with tourists, I still love New York City at Christmastime.
It's romantic and nostalgic and I can't wait to bake cookies and decorate our apartment. And get a tree - even though the fiance doesn't know it yet. :)

No comments: