Monday, January 5, 2009

back in black.

Why black? Well, I'm back in New York City, land of black-garbed locals. Black to mourn the long vacation that I just finished -- two full weeks! Today at work is rough, people. Rough. Black since I'm another year older as of last week. But the vacation was good, holidays were good, even the birthday was good. Back in the city means back with friends and back in my own apartment - I love my family (hi mom!), but it's always nice to be back in your own space. Although the dog is definitely a bit depressed since now she only has two people to spoil her instead of five.

Here are a few random things I'm loving lately...
Red velvet cupcakes, especially when they contain chocolate chips like the ones from The Flying Cupcake in Indianapolis (I know, I will never shut up about these, but I love them) - the fiance has declared them better than any of the fancy-schmancy NYC cupcakes, and I think I agree.
Ruffles on any and all clothing. They're just so feminine and delicate and can transform any outfit. If only I could figure out how to re-ruffle them without having to pay to dryclean them. I got this shirt from J.Crew for Christmas and want it in every color (and the sleeveless version for spring too, thanks).
Dog sweaters. Nothing makes me smile like a dog in a sweater. Lucy got a rather stylish one from Shift for Christmas, and she really likes it.

Speaking of Shift, she's coming to NYC in TWO DAYS - YIPPEE! It's about freaking time. We will have lots of fun and many adventures. But that's another post entirely.

No comments: