Tuesday, December 2, 2008

If I had a million dollars...

Shift normally doesn't like me to post about weddings...but hear me out.

If I had a million dollars, I'd get married in New York City, fly my family in from Indiana and pay for their hotel rooms. I've lived in NYC for four years now, and I love the idea of a New York wedding in a gorgeous loft space, with incredible food and entertainment. And you can't ask for a better backdrop for wedding photos than New York! Taxis, Times Square, the Brooklyn Bridge, the skyline... Since nobody lives in NYC forever (well, nobody I know, anyway), it would be such a great way to document your time here and to show your kids that once upon a time, mommy and daddy lived in the greatest city in the world.

A friend of mine just got married in "the city," as we call it, and her wedding was nothing short of fabulous. She has fantastic taste and it looked like everyone just had so much fun. Here are a few photos from her wedding, courtesy of her awesome photographer Robert Sukrachand.

No comments: