Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I love Chicago (but not the weather).

I'm back from a wonderful, whirlwind (emphasis on the WIND) weekend in Chicago with Shift. There was lots of fun, lots of good food, and lots of just hanging out and catching up - just how I like it. Here are a few of the highlights:
The Goddess and Grocer, quite possibly the best and cutest gourmet food shop I've ever seen. Food is to die for, and they have a really impressive selection of wine, hostess gifts, and yummy stuff. If I ever open a food shop, it will be modeled after this one!
Chicago Antique Market is tons of fun. If only I had a UHaul to take things back to New York in, I would've made out like a bandit! So much nicer, more diverse, and more affordable than any antique market in NYC (but no big surprise there).
Mado restaurant is new, BYO (yay!), affordable and has amazing food (well, other than that my fish entree came with the eyes still on it, but that's neither here nor there). I could dream about the skirt steak and gorgonzola polenta that Shift got...yum.
I will be back in Chicago...when the weather is warmer :) Thanks to Shift for being a fabulous hostess! Now back to work...

No comments: