Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm thrifty, dammit!

The fiance and I live together in a decently-sized (by NYC standards) one-bedroom apartment. Unfortunately it only has one TINY bedroom closet, which is a problem considering that we both have slightly ridiculous amounts of clothes and shoes. We've talked about getting a bigger dresser for our bedroom but naturally don't want to spend $1,000+ for a nice one. So imagine my surprise when I found this in our trash room on Saturday:Someone was throwing away this beautiful, clean, HUGE dresser -- so of course I had to save it! I called the fiance at work to tell him about it and he thought I was a little crazy -- until I sent him a picture of it, when he said "Put a note on it so nobody takes it!" When he got home we dragged it down the hall to our apartment and spent two hours re-arranging our closet and filling our lovely FREE new dresser with tons of clothes. I was so proud of finding and saving it -- Lucy even likes it! And that was my excitement for the weekend.

No comments: