Friday, March 6, 2009

frugal friday!

First off, I agree with what Shift said about cheap swimsuits. I have a friend who changed my mind about thinking I would never wear a white swimsuit - she looked adorable in one last summer (only once she had a base tan, obvi). So I picked one up at Old Navy a couple weeks ago, thinking I didn't need to try it on because I already knew what size I was. I tried it on when I got home and it was COMPLETELY see-through -- even dry. Could you imagine what it would have looked like after I swam in it? Oy. So back it went.

Ok, on to clothes. It's finally getting warm-ish in NYC, so I'm all about ditching the wool sweaters and going for transitional clothes. I love this top:
Wear it now with skinny jeans, long cardigan and flats. Wear it once it's warm with short shorts and cute flat sandals. Some bronzer also might be a good idea, considering my pasty state...

No comments: